Author: Adi Alsaid
Publication: August 1st 2015, Harlequin Teen
Format: ARC Paperback, 320 pages
Source: Pinoy Book Tours (Check out the tour)
Buy it on: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iBooks | The Book Depository | Kobo | National Bookstore / Fully Booked (PH)
Never date your best friend
Always be original
Sometimes rules are meant to be broken
Best friends Dave and Julia were determined to never be cliché high school kids — the ones who sit at the same lunch table every day, dissecting the drama from homeroom and plotting their campaigns for prom king and queen. They even wrote their own Never List of everything they vowed they’d never, ever do in high school.
Some of the rules have been easy to follow; like No. 5, never die your hair a colour of the rainbow, or No. 7, never hook up with a teacher. But Dave has a secret: he’s broken rule No. 8, never pine silently after someone for the entirety of high school. It’s either that or break rule No. 10, never date your best friend. Dave has loved Julia for as long as he can remember.
Julia is beautiful, wild and impetuous. So when she suggests they do every Never on the list, Dave is happy to play along. He even dyes his hair an unfortunate shade of green. It starts as a joke, but then a funny thing happens: Dave and Julia discover that by skipping the clichés, they’ve actually been missing out on high school. And maybe even on love.
Things I NEVER got to do in high school:
1. I NEVER had a lunch spot.
2. We didn't have prom, so I NEVER got to be prom queen (WTF?) and I NEVER got into student council.
3. I NEVER attended any beer parties coz I NEVER got invited into any of them.
4. I NEVER hosted a BEER party coz my Dad would've killed me or disowned me by then.. Plus I don't drink liquor. HA!
5. I NEVER dyed my hair a different color. Catholic private schools weren't lax about that kinda stuff.
6. I NEVER got to streak, skinny dip, or do anything else that could result in a viral nude pic, coz why? LOL
7. I NEVER hooked up with a teacher coz hello, Catholic school... The horror. (We also never got substitutes, so... too bad)
9. I NEVER got to go on a "life-changing" road trip coz I never looked for myself then.
10. And, I NEVER dated my best friend... coz well, I didn't swing that way... also, I didn't have male best friends in high school.