Sunday, February 22, 2015

BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON 2015: HI! IT'S JAYVEE!



Hello there Misfit book nerds! How have you all been doing? I know you guys haven't missed me all that much coz I have posted a lot recently but here I am again with another feature. This year, I am very excited to be part of  the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon 2015, hosted by awesome book blogger and friend, Alexa Loves Books

And to fully start, I will answer a questionnaire provided for the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon 2015! Eeep! I'm excited!


1. What’s your name? 


Hello! My name is Jenivieve! But I would prefer if you call me Jayvee coz I dunno, it's a lot easier but you can call me other nice things. Like sweet tea. LOL

2. Where in the world are you blogging from? 

I am blogging from the Philippines! *raises flag really high*

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging in 2013, where this blog wasn't even called Writer For Misfits and it was a personal blog. But then I started to involve books in my posts and interact with other amazing book bloggers, so last April, I became a full fledged book blog. YAY!

4.How did you come up with your blog name?

I honestly forgot my blog's first name coz it was sooo long. Anyway, I came up with Writer For Misfits because I consider myself a huge misfit, in my everyday encounters with life, and I love writing, so I went up that maybe I could represent misfits somehow with a blog, and so the name stuck. And I also enjoy adding a little bit of misfit twist when it comes to talking about books. Though I think I do. LOL.

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 

I think contemporary novels have been more apparent in my blog because I've been preferring it for sometime, although I do enjoy other genres such as dystopian and high fantasy!

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? 


Crazy stuff. I do features on books, features such as Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting for Wednesday and more. But I really, really like talking about my personal experiences when it comes to books and also the book community, so whenever I think of a topic, I end up writing it. I sometimes include personal drama too.

7. Best blogging experience so far?

Oh gosh! Every moment of my blogging experience has been fun! But to get the trust of authors and publishers is one of the best things about how my blogging has been fueled and also getting comments about my fun features from readers, is one heck of an experience.

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? 



Interacting with other book bloggers who have helped me so much from the time I started blogging, from how I designed my blog, to how I manage my content, to just being myself and getting the support from these bloggers, is absolutely amazing!

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
P.S. Also, Winter by Marissa Meyer! YAY!

10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? 



I don't think everyone has appreciated Noggin by John Corey Whaley the same way I did... well except for Dianne of Oops I Read A Book Again. We fangirled over it. But it is a beautiful book and I think more people should definitely read it!

11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

I would like to say Theodore Finch from All The Bright Places coz we are so alike... But I can't do that to myself, so I'll have to choose to be BFFs with Margo Roth Spiegelman from Paper Towns. Sorry. Crazy as she may seem, I know she'll understand me for my quirks.

12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

Writing short stories... Writing short stories... Writing short stories. I gotta pick up a new hobby. Oh! I loooove to watch movies, especially the underrated ones! Have you guys seen The Grand Budapest Hotel? It's so amazing!

13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

Clothes from the thrift store, coz you gotta save for those books. I also love shopping for writing journals and ballpens.

14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? 

Currently so obsessed with English Love Affair and What I Like About You by 5 Seconds of Summer. These guys are my babes!


15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

I would rather choose a film or TV show to be turned into a book, and that show is How To Get Away With Murder because it seems so endearing and mind boggling and sometimes, you gotta have the mysteries of putting it in a book to drag your readers into a cacophony of wails and screeches on how to understand the situations. Oh pure torture!

Serial would make a great book too. 


Again, thank you to Alexa for hosting this! Leave comments below and tell me what you think. Do you know me better? Hopefully! Also! Thanks for stopping by! Hope we all become friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...