Saturday, May 9, 2015

Misfit Talks: My Thoughts Are In British

Hi there Misfit Booknerds! How long has it been since I actually shared something non-bookish related? Oh. That failed Hiatus post. Yeah. Such a fail. This time however, I am not gonna fail to share something about me that might get you either cringing, raising an eyebrow or laughing at me.

My thoughts are in British, like when Dean Pelton of Community said that his thoughts are actually in French. And when I say British, I mean, my mind talks with a British accent, like right now as I am typing this whacked up story, my head is saying it with that accent. It's not like it's a problem coz I'm in love with British accents, no matter how posh or thick they may be.


However, I am finding that thinking with a British accent could lead to certain instances where I would end up speaking out loud with an accent, or curse "bloody hell" with an accent and in front of people who would not expect that coming out from me. I do have a tendency to talk by myself, which I've already established as not that weird or big of a deal. It is unusual though to the typical listener if they suddenly hear me burst out like that.


For example, my Mom entered my room with the agenda of fixing my closet when I suddenly told her, "Leave it alone, Mum. I can do it on my own." and she was like, "Whuuu?". She has then insisted, while she was folding clothes, that I talk to her with a British accent till she got used to it, and I was tethering on the edge of insanity and normalcy. 

This suddenly brings me to the part where I blame British Youtubers for invading my life. JacksGap, danisnotonfire, AmazingPhil, Zoella and many more, whom I adore and love, yet have worked their way of pushing their way of speaking to my vernacular. It's like when Chris Evans stayed at his Mom's home in 6 months and his nephew kind of worked his magic by infecting him with the words, "I DON'T WIKE IT.". It pretty much just sums up how messed up I am and also how much I spend time on the internet.


So how about you? Do you have any quirks whatsoever that you would like to share? Leave that in the comments below! Cheerio! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...