Saturday, January 23, 2016

Disney Princess Book Tag

I haven't done a book tag in so long, it makes me sick.

Hey there! This is, I think, my first book tag of the year. You guys know that I don't really do a lot of tags but the last time, I enjoyed myself too much. Thanks again to Lady Salve of Cuckoo for Books. But this time, I ended up lost in probably my newest favorite book tag. I chanced upon Alexa of Alexa Loves Books' tag on Disney Princesses being paired with books and I was like "I AM SO THERE". Though Alexa didn't actually tag me, she did however encourage me to do the tag so for those who want to play along, you are free to do it yourself. :) The Disney Princess Tag was originally made by Soudha of Stacks and Cups.

Three (3) Princess Facts

1. Mulan will always and forever be, my favorite Disney Princess (though she's technically not a princess but I still love her to bits). She is fierce, loyal, true and beautiful and just an all-around badass. Her love for her father and her willingness to go up and beyond has always astounded me and I end up re-watching the movie for multiple times every year. 
2. My first memory of Disney Princesses was in 2000, I suppose, when my Dad rented a copy of an anniversary edition of Snow White and The Seven Dwarves. It was in this midnight blue, round tin and had Snow White holding the red, shiny apple. To this day, The Evil Queen disguised as the witch scares the bejeezus out of me.
3. The Princess and The Frog is the only Disney princess film, even to this day, that has the power to make me cry on 3 in the morning because of all the feels. It's not exactly my most favorite Disney princess film, but it's on my top 3 because of the tear-jerking abilities it possesses. 

Let's get the tag started!

SNOW WHITE | Favorite Classic

Little Women is the book that made me fall in love with classic literature. I was reading plenty at a young age but mostly middle grade and books about sorcery and mice running a publishing company but Little Women by Louissa May Alcott was recommended to me by my school librarian and it ended up being a favorite and I would pick it up every year at school and just reread it. I just love how the girls became facets of the different portrayals of ladies in the society before and that a character like Jo March is one of the best female characters to come out of classic literature and literature in general.

CINDERELLA | Book You Kept Reading Past Bedtime

I know it's not the most fitting to put in a "Disney" tag but I ended up reading Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher till 3 in the morning because it was just so riveting and painful. I remember leaving tear stains on my book and screaming at a pillow because of all the pain. I would also say that Noggin by John Corey Whaley was a read I couldn't put down but with a first experience, it was definitely Asher's book that ruined my sleep cycle.





AURORA | Favorite Classic Romance

I would've gone with Jo and Laurie from Little Women (though they didn't end up together) in a heartbeat because I just loved them in the novel. However, one of my favorite romances from classics would have to be Marius and Cosette from Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. I just loved how they are willing to be with each other no matter how dire the situation may be and how their romance cut the tension so fluidly, as if you'd forget about the revolution and the sadness in the book. But I do have a soft spot for Marius and Eponine... Heal my heart. UGH.






ARIEL | Book About Making Sacrifices and Fighting For Your Dreams

Though there are plenty of books that are gonna fit into this category, I would somehow choose Where She Went by Gayle Forman. I would think that Mia chose to sacrifice her relationship with Adam to pursue her musical career, thus causing Adam to fall into this spiral of despair. But it's just so difficult to read this book, thinking that the two characters have somehow lead separate lives but can't actually forget about each other.







BELLE | Book With Smart, Independent Main Female Character

This is a no-brainer to me. She actually ruled my 2015, I loved her. I would definitely choose A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab just because it has Lila in it and Lila rules. She is strong, reliable, a whole lot of reckless but knows how to take care and manage herself. She may not be conventionally smart but she does show a lot of talent when it comes to keeping herself alive, so that must mean something special.




JASMINE | Book With Character Who Challenged the Social Norms of His/Her World

Now this one is definitely a doozy. Though I don't necessarily like how she was portrayed in the movies, she did what she had to do and be all Divergent and go against the system, so I chose Beatrice "Tris" Prior for this one. She's an absolute badass in the books, like super badass. And going against a system built on norms is huge for a 16 year old girl, so kudos to her for being all brave, smart, emphatic and ruining the norms of everyone around her to fight for what is right.






POCAHONTAS | Book Whose Ending Was A Rollercoaster of Emotions

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang sent me into a hell trance, like, what is happening? Although the book was definitely set up into a hopeful epilogue, the way towards the end just kept me up to my feet, terrified, worried and all along just angry at the book for making me feel emotions I didn't want. So there.







MULAN | Book With a Kick-ass Female Character

She may be rude as heck but damn Lisbeth Salander from the Millenium Trilogy is special to my fragile, baby heart. She is ruthless and even with her tiny frame, she can whoop somebody into shape. Although she's not like Mulan in an emotional sense, I think she can definitely be at par with most of the males in the book and she's proven that a ton of times. So cheers to Lis and her amazingness.







RAPUNZEL | Book That Features An Artist

Picking A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray because Paul Markov paints and it's the only thing I need in my life right now. 










MERIDA | Book With Mother-Daughter Relationship

This category is somehow the saddest for me, at least when I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and found the mother and daughter relationship there really dysfunctional. It's not something that girls ever aspire to be when they ever have a child, is to lie to them out of selfishness.







ANNA AND ELSA | Book With A Great Relationship Between Siblings

No doubt in my mind, it has to be the Baudelaire siblings from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Just the way the three of them kept each other alive up to that point is a mystery as well as a feat of pure glory.







Again, you are all welcome to make the tag! It's super fun and because I'm quite obsessed with Disney, this worked in my favor. LOL! Leave comments below if you have any answers to the following tags or if any of the answers above interest you! :) Thanks for reading misfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...