Thursday, November 20, 2014

My NaNoWriMo2k14 Experience



When I found out that November was National Reading Month and National Writing Month, I felt like November really is my month (coz birthday too). When I went to the NaNoWriMo website, my mind suddenly raced of thoughts of what I wanted to write, what themes I was going to pursue and what I wanted to achieve afterwards.





I thought that 20 days was going to cut it, I mean 50k words in 20 days might be possible if I polish up with my typing skills and vocab. But I think I overestimated my thought process and also my inherent laziness because I've only written 5000 words to date. That's right. 5000! I didn't exactly know what I was gonna go up against with my head drifting to different things for the past 2 weeks of my semestral break. In fact, I even wrote another story consisting of 5000 words in 2 hours, but not the novel I really had on the first place.



It seemed that my overly active imagination went into a shut down for those past couple of days and then I realized that I'm not really good with rushing myself with stories or maybe I'm just a short story type of girl. There was even a moment when I doubted myself that I wouldn't be able to finish what I started at all, which is not very unlikely.


But challenges propel you to greater heights in the end, and it's normal to stumble on the way. I don't plan on writing much for the novel unless I find the time since I will be busy with my thesis for almost a year, so, I don't even know if I'll find the time to think up of a scene or a story. However, I do plan to stick to what I started and grow my characters somehow in the process. Maybe in the middle of 2015, I'll be able to do something about it and maybe reach that 50k in November too.

I do think that I'll get the chance to write something more inspiring and novel worthy when I do get to graduate and focus on widening my imagination more and improving my writing skills. Let's hope for the best, I guess.


So how about you booknerds? Did you write anything for NanoWrimo this year? How did you fair up? Did you have to work against unusual circumstances or was it easy for you? Leave comments below and let's talk about it! 

Congratulations to the Wrimos who finished 50k words in 20 days! Good luck to the finalists and may some good novels come out of those chosen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...