Friday, August 22, 2014

The Misfit Interviews: Fun Facts with Alex London

So before Alex London heads to the Philippines for his book signing, I decided to ask him a bit about himself! And he cracks me up...most of the time! Here are some things you might want to know about Alex London! :)





1. Do you play any kind of sport?
  • I played soccer in elementary school, ran track in middle school, and briefly played lacrosse in high school. I was terrible at all of them.

2. Do you type your manuscripts or write them on paper?
  • I type them, using a program called Scrivener
3. Favorite kind of pet?
  • DOG!
4. Breakfast combos?
  • Coffee and...anything!
5. Pet peeves?
  • I can't stand the sound of nail files. For some reason, it's torture to me. 
6. Inspirations for writing novels?
  • That question is too big for this answer.
7. Coffee or tea?
  • See above.
8. Favorite place to read in?
  • Anywhere except the shower. That would not work out well.
9. Favorite TV show binge?
  • I always like discovering a new show, but I can always binge on 30 Rock.
10. I really do think you look a bit like John Green, what do you say about that?
  • I suppose that means we're both terrible handsome, eh, but I'd love for my book sales to look like his too.
11. What types of music do you listen to?
  • Pretty typical nerdy white guy rock-Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Spoon. Also I like the show tunes from Broadway.
12. Odd or weird habits?
  • Oh so many...
13. Do you like exercise?
  • Like it? I dunno. I do it and feel good afterwards but it does take some effort to get up and run or work out.
14. What's the first thing you bought when you received your first pay check (please say books.LOL)
  • Well, one of my first jobs was in a bookstore, and yes, my first paycheck went largely to books, especially because I got a discount for working there!
15. What are you working on right now?
  • Writing more books!
So that's it! But PS! I have one question from a friend! :) Her name is Eriele! (Shout out to Eriele! WOO!)

1. Do you get to hang out with David Levithan? Check out DavidLevithanPH on Twitter, coz we die for him and we want him to know how much we love him. :) 
  • Ha! Yes, he's an old and dear friend! He'll actually be at my wedding 3 days before I visit the Philippines. I'll tell him y'all said hi. :)

EEEEP! That last one tho! HE'S GETTING MARRIED!!! WHAT THE!? WHAT SHOULD I GIVE HIM!? Anyway, he's gonna have a book signing at SM Aura on August 30th! It's a Saturday, so I'm hoping I can see some of you there! :) Do leave comments below if you are! For more information, check out this post...


See you there! And Alex, thank you to the moon (where we can have coffee for like, 30 minutes?) and  back! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...