Saturday, October 11, 2014

October Playlist: TOP 5

Hi there Misfit Booknerds! I wouldn't say it was a busy September, but as you may have noticed, I didn't exactly post a playlist for that month and I won't make an excuse. I just wasn't in the mood. Or I was just in a faraway corner of the universe. But anyway. Am making this October playlist for the ones I have heard during September and the tunes I am currently been obsessed with.



1. Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde



This song speaks wonders and elegance to me. This is the first song to be released out of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 soundtrack. News of Lorde being head honcho of the songs to be featured in the album was music to my ears and now hearing one of the sons from it, and hers too, was to die for! This is Lorde's best lyrically written songs yet, though may not have the same crowd appeal as Royals or Team. But this song has a special place in my heart since it talks a lot about Katniss' resolve to fight against The Capitol! I seriously can't wait for the film! 

2. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift




You may not know this, being that am such an alternative, indie, rock soul-ish kind of girl, that I'd listen to pop! I do! I listen to Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna or whoever, as long as it is good, I'd listen to it and since Taylor has made the shift into pop recently with her new single Shake It Off, it wasn't so bad for me to listen to it. I've always liked Taylor Swift. Not so hard as the Swifties do, but I like her and her music very much at least to appreciate the lyrics. And though her style right now is changing, you can still tell from the lyric value of this new single that Taylor is still Taylor. The only thing better to this is the beat and how you can't stop playing it in your head, no matter how hard you try!

3. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor




This song is so cute and fun that whenever it plays on, I couldn't help but dance along or belt out a note. The music video is actually really cute and Meghan is too! What's good about this song is that it promotes women who have plus size figures or are curvy and that it is not bad to have some curves going on in your body! It is a song that empowers even young girls to not worry about their size and that being skinny isn't exactly a problem, but that it shouldn't be the standard. I raise mah flag to this song!

4. I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo by Capitol Cities



What I like about this song is that it gives an old school vibe both with the lyrics and the literal sense in the music video. I really love the beat to the song. Though some people may think that it sounds mostly like what they've given, Capitol Cities actually gives a lot of range, especially in terms of their music's personality. And who doesn't love that title!? It's genius!

5. Best Friend by Foster The People




AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! When I missed Neon Trees, I missed Foster The People just the same! I missed the psychedelics of this band and how engaging their beats and lyrics are to me! Some people might be weirded out by their songs, but nu-uh, not me. Best Friend is like an hommage to Don't Stop or Helena Beat, which are my favorites, and allows us to listen to a Foster The People that is the same as always! And the message of the song is pretty spot on!


That's it for my playlist! Tell me in the comments if you love this playlist or you have any recommendations on what I should listen to next!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...