Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top 10 Places In Books I Dream of Going To!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.


Have you ever dreamed on travelling to world full of magic and amazingness or just a place where you can just relax in and only books have ever provided you so far with that feeling? I feel you Misfit booknerds and am actually listing down 10 books with places I really, really want to go to. Places range from fictional or real, so anything could happen! :)


1. The Strand, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan



I've always, always been fascinated with New York and reading about The Strand more in Dash and Lily was an affirmation of my love. BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS! AHHHH! BOOKS!

2. Narnia, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis



A fantastic place with mythical creatures, fun "activities" and friendships forged, Narnia is a place of valor, mystique and horrors too that you would want to visit. Plus Aslan! I tried entering my closet. It didn't work unfortunately.

3. Hogwarts, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling




I always thought Hogwarts was real. Like real real. It was hard to accept the fact that it was all CGI. Good thing they have the Wizarding World theme park going on at Universal Studios, which for sure, I will be dying to see when I get there.

4. Neverland, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie



Just imagine a summer you could spend here at Neverland, with fun friends like The Lost Boys, or swim with mermaids, run around with Indians or hunt down pirates and steal their loot! AHHH!!

5. 221B Baker Street, Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle



Need I say more? My obsession with every thing Sherlock has propelled me into this daydream sequence before where I was married to Sherlock and we would take in clients at our apartment in 221B and I was the subtle wife that Sherlock respects. AHHH! Those moments are weird yet sooo amazing to go back into.

6. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan



A 24- hour bookstore? Expect me to be there every day, at least 5 hours to 8 hours, heck I'd dedicate my weekends there if I could!

7. Cairnholm Loop, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs



Want to be a kid forever or not grow old? Then step right up to enter the loop that is Miss Peregrine's and discover a place full of kids with peculiar abilities. Don't worry! You'll enjoy your stay for sure!

8. Camp Jupiter, Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan



More polished than Camp Half-Blood, if I say so myself, plus Frank Zhang is there, so...TEEHEE

9. Orlando Florida, Paper Towns by John Green



For the mere fact that I want to stand in the building where Margo Roth Spiegelman and Q sat and looked at the city beneath them and see what Margo calls a "paper town".

10. London, England, 1878, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare



My love for Jem Carstairs is this strong that I just want to have a stroll with him maybe before he gets all worse and we know what happens *wink* *cries*










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...