Sunday, November 16, 2014

November Playlist: TOP 5



This month of November, I decided to try out making playlists on Spotify and hopefully you listen to some of the song that I chose. Actually, I was going to feature Taylor Swift's 1989 album, but since it's been stripped off from either Youtube and Spotify, I went with some of the songs that I have also been listening to frequently this month!




1. Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde

Again, from last month's playlist, I want to feature it again. This song is the headliner for the upcoming The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay (Part 1) which will be premiering worldwide in a few days! The song really does speak of Katniss' resolve to fight for the people and go against Snow and The Capitol. This, I think, is one of Lorde's most powerful and endearing lyrics yet because it tells the story as it is and kudos to her music video too for being so wonderfully quirky and dark. 

2. Cool Kids by Echosmith

I'm kind of late to the party on this one because the song has been making waves throughout radios and interwebs. And dude, the music video is amazing! Though the lyrics are sort of contradictory to my belief, coz misfit here, I think that the song is kind of telling more of an otherwise story, being that if you are COOL as maybe yourself and you are unique, so you are cool. Yeah, it's kind of ironic really, but I still love the song. And please, the Sierota siblings are an epic, beautiful bunch!

3. Heart Out by The 1975

Have I never told you I love The 1975? Well, I do and I am addicted to their self titled album especially with this song which has been playing on stations and charts. I just love the lyrics in this song, with like a desperate cry to the girl you love yet can't exactly say anything, how raw and subtle it could get but also powerful in some of the rifts. And Matt's voice is just so sexy.


4. Voodoo Doll by 5 Seconds of Summer

You all know I loooove these boys and would practically support them in whatever they do. Anyway, this song is a current favorite, which has been out for sometime now, in their EPs and stuff, but I've only been invested to this song ever since the album came out. The playful lyrics and the cute voices that are somehow dragged into a situation of helplessly falling in love with a girl they don't exactly like. But seriously, I just can't help but laugh to this track. 


5. Afire Love by Ed Sheeran

I don't know. I just don't know how Ed Sheeran does it. I mean, not only are the lyrics to this song heartbreaking but will course through your body, making you regret those small things you've never done with people in your life and all they can do is reminisce those moments of the past... This is one of Ed Sheeran's best songs from X and I do not regret playing and playing it again, but at the same time, it does scare me for what may happen in the future.



So tell me, what have you been listening to lately??? Leave comments below and share your playlist with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...