Saturday, May 25, 2013
If you guys aren’t fully aware, I was actually a nursing student even before I ended up taking a communication course (which I’m guessing you’re not fully aware of either). It was over a year and a half or so of white clothes, an exception of gray during the half year, bun hairs and clean cuts.
Probably the reason why I ended up anything around the field of medicine was because of influence. Anyone is surrounded by influence, both good and bad. I ended up with the good kind being that my aunts are nurses and that I owe my life to nurses and of course doctors. Let’s just say, I felt like I needed to give back.
Dedicated to the field till my field of vision tilted to other possibilities, I learned the ups and downs of how to take care of people. Well, not to the extent of having to read med books. It was more like playing Doogie Howser towards my brothers and cousins.
Anyway, things changed and now like I said, I’m a communication student, happily taking the course and making use of the vast possibilities ahead of me. Using my over imaginative mind, I headed forward.
But recently, I had to play doctor again, reminded by my roots. My brother ended up in the hospital coz of gastro arthritis. He had to stay at the hospital for three days. It was antagonizing for my father since my brother had to be confined on his very birthday nad of course he hated seeing all of us in the hospital, let alone get sick. To put it in basic terms, he thinks about how much it’ll cost him. Typical Dad. (PEACE ^_^\/)
So I was saying, my brother was sick and now, he’s back home, scrawny and pretty pathetic. That’s what you get for eating too much! Glutton. Not that I’m saying that I hate my brother, just that any sister would be worried and mad at the same time, right? Or is that just me. Anyway, Mom told me to be a doll ( which I’m not) and take care of my brother and give him his medicines on the right time. Great -_-... As the eldest and the only girl out of all the children my parents have, I should be responsible and do the task given out. I mostly had no choice.
It felt nostalgic to read prescriptions again. I dunno. It’s not like I had this experience before at school, but it reminded me of the times when I played with old stethoscopes and looked at prescriptions of my own medicines before. As usual, doctors are sadists. Even with their handwriting. Do the seriously think that every person would understand their scribbly writing? It’s a miracle pharmacist could even decipher the things.
It’s fun. I guess. Having to wait every two hours for every tab of meds to give my brother to drink. It somehow jolted a sensation in my heart, not bitterness or a pang, but some sort of longing. If I’m being honest with myself, I miss the short amount of time I offered to the field of studying nursing. But at the same time, I have no regrets. It was fun while it lasted.
Friday, May 24, 2013
“And you tell me to do that? Go to hell.” Okay. I haven’t actually said this live or to anyone in their face. This is something I spontaneously thought of during a time when someone pissed the heck out of me.
They say I’m a nice girl. Yeah, I’m pretty nice. I like being nice and friendly to people. But there is a fine line separating my kindness and my anger. Yeah, I remember saying on an essay on my Personality Development class that I have a high tolerance over something that could make me angry. It’s true. But that tolerance is pretty much in the border of that very thin thread that could cause me to have a nervous breakdown every time.
But the tolerant soldiers in my head get weak too especially when I get annoyed to the extreme. I try to get along with people but if you went overboard, I don’t know what I will do.
At the moment, I could say that I could control the fumes of my rage through cursing in my head and looking at the people with stink eyes. While I’ve done it with such a few number of people, I dunno if it’s even possible to call it a “stink eye”.
What I’m saying is, I’m not that much of a human being when I’m cross. I mean, I could count to ten but I think I’m allowed to give people a piece of my mind from time to time. It isn’t fair that I suffer inside without them knowing how much I actually hate them.
I just hope that anyone whom I know reads this, they won’t try to get into my bad side. Not that I’m threatening you guys. It’s more like I don’t want you to see me at my worst state. I definitely freak. And this is just an understatement. I’ve just said them in my head. I’m not pretty sure it’ll sound nice when I say it out loud. Just sayin’.
That’s right. News of the sequel to the popular movie: PITCH PERFECT is now on the works. So we’ll be expecting Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin and the ever lovable and pitch-slappin’ FAT AMY played by Aussie comedian Rebel Wilson, hit the big screen again. And it seems that new characters are gonna settle in since the movie ended with an audition. *wink wink*
The said sequel will premiere on 2015, so we still have some time to make predictions and what-not on how the sequel will end up.
First things first. COMEDY. Of course we are gonna expect some laughs, especially since Rebel Wilson is still involved. We are gonna be seein’ some horizontal runnin’ and probably some mermaid dancing 2.0.
And since it’s called “PITCH” Perfect, then definitely there’s MUSIC. We’ll probably end up with more riff-offs, group acapella singing and some serious competition for the new ICCA championship. And who would not want his or her favorite song to be featured in the new movie? I wish they’d sing Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding. Anything could happen, right? So I’m crossing my fingers.
Lastly, that ROMANCE vibe that every teenage girl likes, including me. Now, I’m not that girly-girly but I get way too taken with lovey-dovey scenes. The previous movie had a few scenes, so we can undoubtedly expect a deeper relationship between Beca and Jesse and hopefully a couple addition too. Oooh! And a foil to their relationship would be fun too! HAHAHA!
Two years to go yet I have so much expectations with the movie already. I just can’t wait to laugh and sing-out to the new movie. Better make sure that my pitch is perfect too. LOL.
Now, tell me what you think! That would be fun! :D
Check out my Twitter page and follow if you have some time: @jayvwrites27. I’ll make sure to give news on how the Pitch Perfect sequel is goin’ on…
Give my Instagram a look too: @jayvwrites27
And probably add me as a friend on Facebook (introduce yahselves,’kay?): facebook.com/shuraheterchrome…
Thanks for readin’ and CHEERIO!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
The summer has been quite a busy season for me. Basically coz "someone" (my friend) has been inviting me over her place every day. Well, not every day, but something like that. Anyway, since hanging out usually in her den, I must say that I had tons of fun. Doing projects that aren't exactly mine, going to places I've never been before and going to a concert I never actually expected. So thank you QD, for being a great friend and making me a freeloader at your place, kinda... HAHA... Thank You
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
"Some flies are just too awesome for the wall."
(image courtesy of Community Wiki)
Abed, I totally understand your choices in emotions or actually, your lack of emotions to be exact. I love you as Han Solo, Don Draper, Inspector Spacetime, Batman and every other character you choose to role-play with Annie.
Speaking of Annie, you two should really hook-up... I love the two of you together. Your chemistry is impeccable. And your intellectual understanding is very attractive.
And even when your Evil Abed, you're still wonderful. I wouldn't mind being taken to the darkest timeline.
Lot's of love,
Jayvee (An Avid Fan of Community)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
(image courtesy of Trendland.com)
At the age of five, I started to like our floor, very much. It was a tiled floor; cold and smooth from the waxing and cleaning. During the times I watched television, I would lie down on the stony floor and would laugh away as the characters ran from one scene to the other. I enjoyed every bit of television fun while lying down on the floor.
A blackout happened at around the time when I was seven. I lay down the floor to watch the telly or read my favorite books or type in the old typewriter I found in our basement. But the telly was out. I’ve read out my favorites books from liking them and the old typewriter was jammed since my ass of a brother played with the ink strip. I had nothing better to do. The sun was out still, but I didn’t feel like playing patintero or hide-and-seek with my cousins and friends. It was inexplicably hot too. The nerve of the weather acting up while there was no electricity. I was not the type to hold a tantrum so I decided to sit at the wooden chairs in our living room.
They weren’t comfy and they weren’t cool either. Cool. Cool…Cold. RIGHT! The floor was cold enough and maybe I could sleep without sweating so much. I got an old blanket and rested it on the floor. As I lay on the hard, cold floor, ideas popped into my head. I wanted to learn this and that. I thought of a strategy on how to beat everyone in a game of finish line. I got new ideas of what stories to write in my typewriter once my parents have it fixed. I had cleared my mind.
I never knew that the floor would be my greatest ally in times when I needed an idea. It’s sad actually that I couldn’t just lay on the floor at school when I needed an awesome idea. Most of the time I end up saying or doing things in a mediocre fashion. But when I’m at home, I lay on the floor and as if it has magical powers, would bestow upon me cunning ideas for a new project or how to get away with a fault.
Up until now, I still use the floor when I need new ideas and clear my head. Kinda like having your own massage chair. Our house is new, so the floor’s a bit different. Doesn’t matter.
Don’t worry. I haven’t caught pneumonia yet. (Lucky me…) My posture’s a bit ruined though. Oh well…
(Sorry guys if you found this weird. It’s just one of the perks of being me…)
NAME: Jenivieve De Castro
BIRTHDATE: November 27, 1993
PRESENT ADDRESS: #68 Mabini Street, Lemery, Batangas
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. last beverage = Coffee
2. last phone call = From a my Mom
3. last text message = From Kim Laqui (friend)
4. last song you listened to = Grow Up by Paramore
5. last time you cried = Yesterday
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice = Haven't really been out on a date yet...^_^
7. been cheated on = Uhm, NO.
8. kissed someone & regretted it = Never kissed anyone. Well, my mom. Never regretted it. ^_^
9. lost someone special = Unfortunately, yes.
10. been depressed = I'm depressed half of my entirety
11. been drunk and threw up = Never touched a sprig of alcohol
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
14. old rose
LAST YEAR (2012), HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend = OH YEAH
16. Fallen out of love = Definitely
17. Laughed until you cried = Crazily,Yes!
18. Met someone who changed you = Uhm, maybe?
19. Found out who your true friends were = Uhuh...
20. Found out someone was talking about you = Kinda like, everyday, whether good or bad..:/
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend’s list = Does my mom count? (LOL, this is Ramil's answer. Same here)
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life = About 30 or 40%
24. Do you have any pets = Yes. 3 dogs with very weird names. And coz they're weird, I won't mention it.
25. Do you want to change your name = Uhm, I've thought about it before since most of the people I know never get the spelling right. Eh. I'll keep it.
26. What did you do for your last birthday = I went to National Bookstore and bought me some books.
27. What time did you wake up today = 7: 48 AM
28. What were you doing at midnight last night = I was blogging and tweeting
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for = My sister coming to visit me with a present (fingers-crossed)
30. Last time you saw your Mother = 2 hours ago.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life = My pessimistic attitude...and my bipolar reactions to everything
32. What are you listening to right now = The sound of motorcycles, the whirling of my fan and the typing noises.
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom? = Does Tom Felton count? Yes...In my dreams. No, srsly.
34. What’s getting on your nerves right now = My younger brother being such an a-hole
35. Most visited webpage = Google...You gotta love Google.
37. Nickname(s) = Jayvee, Jen. JV. Dunno anything else. Oh, Kaze-chan by my friend.
38. Relationship Status = Single
40. Are you hungry now? = Nope. Just had breakfast
41. Elementary = Lemery Pilot Elemetary School
42. High School = Our Lady of Caysasay Academy
43. College = I went to three colleges BEFORE: DLSL, NEU. CURRENT: Batangas State University
44. Hair color = Black with a touch of brown.
45. Long or short = Long. Even if I did had a recent haircut.
46. Height =5’3" Shortest in the family. makes me wanna think I'm adopted.
47. Do you have a crush on someone? = At the moment, Kinda.
48. What do you like about yourself? = My over-assertiveness and my passion for music, reading and movies
49. Piercings = Nope
50. Tattoo= My sister thinks it'll look cool if I have one, but I don't really want one.
51. Righty or lefty= Righty
52. First surgery: Ureter Surgery. (Kithe kinda involves the kidneys)
53. First piercing = Don't you read, none...
54. First best friend: Hmmm...Megu-chan...(Lourds) hahaha
55. First sport you joined = Basketball
56. First vacation = in Roxas City, Capiz. Where monsters live.
58. First pair of trainers = Hmmm. I don't really remember
59. Eating = Just finished eating
60. Drinking = Water
61. I’m about to = Tweet a whole lot and prepare blogs for my blog
62. Listening to = Nothing
63. Waiting for = A miracle...And news on the election.
YOUR FUTURE :
64. Want kids? = Not biologically. The thought of being pregnant scares the hell out of me.
65. Get Married? = Nobody's really interested in me for the last 19 years, so, we'll see.
66. Career? = A journalist! an author! and VJ for MYX or MTV? HAHAHA
WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes = EYES...
68. Hugs or kisses= I'd say hugs. Coz I give lots of hugs.
69. Shorter or taller = Taller than me. Kinda pisses me off though...
70. Older or Younger = Uhhhh...Older?
71. Romantic or spontaneous = Spontaneous then romantic along the edges.
72. Nice stomach or nice arms = Ha?
73. Sensitive or loud = Sensitive and loud...Never can ask for anything less...
74. Hook-up or relationship = Definitely a relationship.
75. Trouble maker or hesitant: A little bit of both. Hesitant at first then ends up being the trouble maker...LOL
HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger = HELL NO!
77. Drank hard liquor = NOPE!
78. Lost glasses/contacts = LOST GLASSES in Junior year of high school
79. Sex on first date = OH MY GOSH! Where is this leading? HELL NO!
80. Broke someone’s heart = NO! They broke mine!.
81. Had your own heart broken = OF COURSE!
82. Been arrested = Not yet... ;)
83. Turned someone down = Hmm, yeah. The lady giving me a flyer...
84. Cried when someone died = Does crying for a movie character count? HECK YEAH!
85. Fallen for a friend = Yup...Wish I didn't
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself = Most of the times...
87. Miracles = Kinda...Jesus? yeah!
88. Love at first sight = Nope...
89. Heaven = I DO...I DO!
90. Santa Claus = Till I was 9 or 10...
91. Kiss on the first date = Nope Nope
92. Angels = I'm sitting next to my guardian angel right now...
Hope you liked knowing a bit of me now..:D This is just me being crazy. Bear with me...
(image courtesy of Rappler.com, Rappler Twitter page)
I voted yesterday afternoon. T'was my first time and I have to say that I wasn't really excited for it. During the registration period, my Mom pushed me to register, says it was my right. Well, damn me for my right. I never saw that "me" voting would change anything anyway.
Still, yesterday, at around 4:12 in the afternoon, we went to the precincts voted (014B) and left with that indelible ink in my right index finger, lally-gagging around the side of the chip of my nail. In all fairness, it took me quite a while to vote, especially in terms of who I'd want in the senate. The last one I chose was pretty much the underdog. Voting for councilors was another endeavor I had to go through since I had no idea who half of the names were, so I decided to just vote for four and eenie-mini my way to the fifth. I left three spaces out.
After the painless voting, I decide to go home, turn my laptop on and wait for announcements on my Twitter account. The dreaded 7 PM came along and heaps of tweets on how the initial counting was going and after 30 minutes or so, my account was loaded with tweets of disappointment and desperate prayers.
The favorites were there like Grace Poe and Chiz Escudero. Bam Aquino was also there so was Eduardo Angara which I have to say were my top picks. (BEING HONEST). But then, there were also those whom the public never favored.
(I'm saying this in terms of how the general public is concerned and not because I have a certain hatred for these candidates.)
Nancy Binay, daughter of the current Vice-President of the country, is currently placed in the Top 5, along with the crowd favorites, while Cynthia Villar, wife of former senator Manny Villar, is in the Top 10. Not a lot of people were thrilled about the outcome. Take for example the nurses (and student nurses) whom Villar discriminated during her senatorial candidate debate in a Nat'l TV Coverage. Who'd be happy after hearing that? Sure, she's helped a lot of people, but to degrade those in a vocation is quite hitting it below the belt, don't you think?
Nancy Binay on the other hand, well, I dunno why I never liked her. Her political ads were catchy, but I have to say not enough. And to be sponsored by her own father, well, I guess that's another issue. But she wasn't my favorite. I don't know what she's done that could've benefited the country in the long run. Yeah, sure, she could bring something new to the table, but clearly the term "CHANGE" is quite different than having a "NEW" face in the senate.
Then, there are those who are completely worthy, and are left behind from the Top 12, such as Dick Gordon and Risa Hontiveros, who have clearly made names for themselves and has done the country a lot of good through there volunteer work and activist advocacy, respectively. It's a shame.
So, yeah. A lot of people are pissed off at the current standing the the partial counting of votes. And yes, sad to say, I am one of them too.
My Dad did say, there's still some time and it could change still. A positive attitude is definitely a cup of tea at the moment but seeing how it's panning out, I highly doubt that change is in the horizon.
(If so ever that it does change, I will definitely make a new post for it...)
Monday, May 13, 2013
The thing about pirated, downloaded-off-the-internet movies is that it's hassle free and I don't have to go to a rental shop here at my place just to hear them say, "Oh, we don't have it." Well, F you for that. And you call yourselves movie rental stores.
I was pretty much against the idea of downloading through torrents. Basically coz I had no idea what torrents were and how they worked. Anyway, after much clear and deliberative thought about it, I decided to succumb to my evilness and download a movie off of the internet.
And download I did. It wasn't so bad actually. A few presses of tabs and links and boom. You got yourself a movie. The first movie I ever downloaded from a torrent website was Juno.
For those who are not familiar with the movie, let me give you a brief summary:
"Juno MacGuff is a 16 year old, junior high school girl who ended up being pregnant after having sex with her best friend Paulie Bleeker. She decides to have it aborted but quickly changes her mind to have it adopted by a family in the identity of the Lorings."
So, I guess that's not much of a summary even though it is "brief". You should probably see it, coz from watching it, I knew that my decision to fall over to the dark-side was worth it.
It's not your typical kick-ass movie where the guy gets the girl then they hook up in the end. In this movie, the girl gets the guy and they hook up in the beginning and not in the end, so different from others: CHECK.
It's witty. That's for sure. I stared at laptop,waiting for those first words to come out of Ellen Page's mouth. And when she said, "It started with a chair." I knew that I've fallen in love with her character.
I'm a total movie-junkie and I'm the type who assesses her movies very well, thank you very much. But I was never the type to obsess over Robert Pattinson as he sparkles when he was hit by sunlight or dropped dead when Logan Lerman fought off beasts. I liked them, but I didn't fall in love with them.
Juno, I fell in love with. Yeah I know. Why would I fall in love with a character that curses a lot, gets pregnant just coz she says she was "bored" and barfs at an urn by the hallway. Yup. I definitely fell in love with her for that.
But it wasn't like I fell in love with her just coz she's rude. Sure, the movie offers tons of chances for her to be rude, but the movie's family-oriented and Juno is selfless.
Selfless, I know. Not the first word you'd think about from the first take, but seeing Juno take responsibility of the child still, is truly selfless of her and worrying about other's welfare over her own is damn right selfless...
So uhm, ranting about my love for the movie is totally out of the topic, and clearly the title doesn't suggest it'd be about pirating movies, so a WIN-WIN situation don't we all agree?
SO THANK YOU to the wonderful "WORLD WIDE WEB" for creating websites that offer movies I can never find in rental stores and thank you for allowing me to see Juno walk...