Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Writing Woes

Hi there Misfit booknerds! How have you been liking my active blogging? I like it too actually...though I believe I'll actually end up being the total bum that I am after a few weeks. Again, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

So, I was on Twitter (as usual) and I started thinking about not having any blogger friends from Singapore. I immediately got a response and was suggested Topaz Winters, a writer on her blog "Six Impossible Things." Since stalking is my thing, I went on to read her vast amount of poetry and other entries and somehow felt a sudden pang in my chest.


Writing has been an essential part of who I am, and not actually writing feels like my leg has been pulled out of me and I have been left blind for life. It's excruciating, most especially if you want to put words on paper but it's as if your body doesn't want to allow you. 


The past two months contributed a lot to how my mind has functioned and how my thoughts are just too senile to be translated to any sensible prose. But I would cry at night. I really would. I would think that if I channeled every single frustration out, I'd feel better. But then I thought what people might think of what I wrote or what I was trying to get out to the world. Although to others, it might just be some well-written, senseless crap. I'm sorry. I'm just rambling here.


This is why I was glad to blog again but of course, this is very different as to write the tiny men dancing around in my head or the worlds that currently changed in it. I'm scared of what I'll come up with, whether good or bad. I just don't know if I could write the way I did again. I really want to write again.


Hopefully, in the coming months, I'd find the courage and the will again to actually share my stories rather than keeping them to myself. I'm quite thankful to everyone who has been giving kind words of encouragement. It truly means the world to me. And may the chocolate of the world always be there for me.

Let me know in the comments if you have gone through such a tough time such as this, may it be in terms of writing or anything else. I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...