Thursday, May 26, 2016

Style Misfit: Bookish Inspired Summer Looks


Hi there! It's been sooooo long, I know but I truly missed making this feature. I'm not sure though if I can make this a weekly feature anymore but rather, I'll try to post at least 1 or 2 of these a month. Sound good? Anyway, if you're from another country and reading this, I would like to let you know that in the Philippines, though it's nearing the rainy season, it's still hella hot and by hot I mean, "HELP US IT'S HELL OUT HERE WE'RE DYING" hot. But you get used to it. 


Summers in the Philippines are crazy hot, not all the time but when it's hot, it's HOT! And while some people (like myself) prefer to stay indoors, get that AC on high coz the heat is scorching, others like to run around with friends, get a tan or hit the beach and swim to beat the heat. So this particular Style Misfit will cover summer looks for both indoor and outdoor coz, why not?  Also, wouldn't this be perfect for the summer season at the other side of the world? YAY! Again, I'll be taking some inspiration from some 2016 book covers so let's do this!

Title: I Woke Up Dead At The Mall
Author: Judy Sheehan
Publication: March 22nd 2016, Delacorte Press

I love the combination of blue and orange and I thought I can play with it with this look. It's perfect for this weather, if you're going out with friends, let's say a shopping trip. It's summery but also street chic. If you decide to experiment with this look, you can also add a kimono cardigan if you feel like covering yourself up a little bit but without it being too hot.


Title: Dreamology
Author: Lucy Keating
Publication: April 12th 2016, HarperTeen

I'm personally not a big maxi dress wearer. If I'm gonna take inspiration for this look, I'd instantly think of my sister, who loves going to the beach. I love this look because it's so versatile. Not only is it something you can wear while strolling on the beach but maybe around town with your girlfriends. It's also very loose and carefree so you can definitely walk around with comfort, especially in this heat. Don't forget to use sunscreen before leaving the house.


Title: Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here
Author: Anna Breslaw
Publication: April 19th 2016, Razorbill

Out of all the looks, I definitely see myself wearing this coz it looks comfortable but giving that street fashion flair. It's quite tomboyish but adding some pieces that can make it more feminine ties the whole look together for me. If you're not comfortable with shorts, you can switch it with some white suspenders that can cover up the legs. It's a lot more loose than using skinny jeans that can trap heat. But if you prefer that, it's also a good option. You can also opt for cargo pants to keep yourself comfortable yet covered.


Title: Love & Gelato
Author: Jenna Evans Welch
Publication: May 3rd 2016, Simon Pulse

This color palette is probably my favorite because it's so playful, refreshing and captures the comfy summer vibe. Though I can see the colors more preferably for spring, I think this would play well in the summer rather than using striking bold colors like sharp reds or oranges. I feel like that would drown in the heat and won't look so pleasing to the eyes or at least when I look at them. You can definitely wear this look without the kimono cardigan but I think that it adds a bit of a boho vibe while not losing the sportiness of it.


So that's it for the styles! If you have suggestions on what I should do book inspired looks or other things, then don't hesitate to leave a comment below and let's discuss it! Also, if you have a design shop, I'd definitely love to give it a shout out post! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...