Saturday, February 20, 2016

BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON: HEY, IT'S JAYVEE!!! (Again)


Hi there everyone!!! It's Jayvee! It's another year of Love-A-Thon! I'm soooo, soooo excited to be a part of this again this year! My first year was last year and I can't believe how fast time flies but this is one of the best blog events to do and it's just super fun to answer all the questions and do the activities and interact with all the people involved. Check out the list of bloggers participating this year for the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2016! Don't forget to use the hashtag #LoveAThon on Twitter if you plan on joining the discussion (which are also super fun!) Do check out Alexa Loves Books, The Daily Prophecy, The Novel Hermit and Stay Bookish for updates and of course Love-A-Thon posts

Let's start answering some questions!


1. What’s your name?
  • My name is Jenivieve De Castro! But you can call me Jayvee or Vee. Whatever suits your mood. You can also call me Misfit Queen or sweet pea. LOL.

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
  • I am blogging from the Philippines! YAY!

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
  • I talked about this last year too! I started blogging in 2013 but it was more of a personal blog. But then in 2014, I started talking more about books! In April 2014, I became an official book blog. WOOHOO! It'll be my 2nd year this year! SO EXCITE!

4. How did you come up with your blog name? 
  • I still dunno what my old blog name was... Like seriously, I kept thinking about it but can't remember but then the idea of Writer For Misfits came about while I was sharing my short stories and being a misfit myself, I just thought it was pretty appropriate. Thinking about it now, I think I drew inspiration from The Perks of Being A Wallflower and being a misfit toy.

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
  • It seems more apparent that I read more contemporary YA novels and I wish to be more diverse with the genres that I choose and read more. That's why I came up with my 2016 Bookish Resolution!

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? 


  • Still crazy stuff. HAHAHA! Although I guess it's tamer this time. I post bookish features, interviews, and lots of personal experiences on Misfit Talks. I also do Top Ten Tuesdays, Waiting on Wednesday, Tunes Pod, Binge Club, Photo Journal, The Round Up and more.

7. Best blogging experience so far? 
  • Again, every blogging experience I've been going through has been the best. I am thankful for every moment I get to blog, because it's an escape from my problems and the stress of everything I've been going through. The comments and the readers are what fuel me to be better with blogging.

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
  • I love how I can easily interact with so many bloggers and they are all so nice. So nice. Like it's even too much for me, especially if a really popular blogger ends up following me. I also like the fact that many bloggers stick up for each other, in times of trouble or even when there are blogging issues going on. It makes me feel that there's definitely a hope to keep the community going with bloggers like these. 

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
  • Thanks For The Trouble by Tommy Wallach----(I loved We All Looked Up and the crazy synopsis is making me super happy. GIVE IT TO ME.)
  • The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner----(I enjoy reading multiple points of views and this novel seems very interesting indeed so I want it.)
  • The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter----(Need I say more? There's so much wonderful words being said about this novel!)
  • Asking For It by Louise O'Neill----(I've been wanting to read this novel forever)
  • Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven----(I will forever be looking forward to it, no matter what happens. Don't let the blurb affect you.)
P.S. Other anticipated books coz seriously, I can't just choose five.

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
  • I actually think Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews is an underrated novel and needs more love. It's simple, real and the characters are a fave of mine. And if you haven't seen the movie, you should see it too. Greg Gaines is a character that also needs to be understood more.

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

  • Weirdos stick together so I'll still choose Margo Roth Spiegelman coz I know for a fact that whatever crazy thing I'd do, she'd support me. About her running away, well, let her do what she feels like doing HAHAHAHA!


13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?

  • This is one of the hardest things but I guess for now my book boyfriend would definitely have to be Lucien from A Court of Thorns and Roses. He's beautiful and he deserves happiness...with me. lol

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
  • Magnus Bane (from TMI, TID)----he'd be beautiful and powerful with all that magic as a squad member
  • Kenji (from The Juliette Chronicles)----because I'm married to Kenji...that's why
  • Maeve (from The Rose Society)----in case someone in my squad dies...plus crossbow? Duh
  • Peeta (from The Hunger Games)----to cook us some food in case we get hungry. Plus he can help with the hunting
  • Hermione Granger (from The Harry Potter series)----When we're all in a tight spot, Hermione is the perfect person to help think of a plan. She's smart, she's resourceful and she's good at spells, she can help fight and also help heal in times of trouble. 

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
  • I love writing stories, singing, watching TV shows and movies at the theater (on my own), taking photographs (from time to time)... Going on Tumblr and scrolling through Reylo/Adam Driver/ Star Wars posts and gifs and feeling a little bit alive inside.


16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?


  • I've been buying affordable journals so I guess that's what I like shopping for. I still also buy clothes from thrift stores but not as often as I used to.

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
  • I am pretty much obsessed with SWIMMING POOLS by Troye Sivan. I just adore my sweet, daddy bean.

18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
  • I want Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang to be a film. That would be such a beautiful, eerie film about the realities of being hidden in a face built by the people around you. As for a TV show, I'd love Girls to be turned into a book. Oh so much drama in that book and complicated characters HAHAHA!

19. What would your dream library look like?


Concept 1



Concept 2


Concept 3




20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?

  • It's a tie between Jennifer Niven, Becky Albertalli and Lance Rubin. I just love these three so much! :) Or maybe we can have a tea party! That would be absolutely amazing. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes *sheds a tear*

HAHAHA! That's it for this introduction! Don't forget to check out the other participants for this year's Love-A-Thon! Go and check out the official link, yeah? And don't forget to comment below of what you think or if you just want to say hi! :) I would definitely be doing some blog hopping! YAY!
See yah later, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...