Chocolates, First Loves and Book Crushes is a blog event featuring debut authors answering questions that I have sent them as they talk about their Valentine's day routines, love, book crushes and more. For a list of all the participating authors, check it out here.
Melissa Gorzelanczyk is a former magazine editor and columnist who believes love is everything. She is a proud member of the SCBWI, The Sweet Sixteens and the Class of 2k16. She lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin, with her husband and family.
- My husband and I try to go out for a nice dinner and exchange gifts. I think it’s easy to become complacent in a serious relationship—especially if you live together—because holidays can just be one more expense and one more thing to do. But it’s important to go out of your way and be thoughtful no matter how long you’ve been together.
- Oh wow, let me think. Probably the first Valentine’s Day with my now husband. We’d only been dating a week, but he gave me red roses and chocolates in a heart-shaped box. To me, that was a sign he was a good guy who understood how to treat a girl.
- Anything to do with music, food and art, preferably all three.
- Oh man, well I guess there were a few guys I thought I loved, and maybe some that I did in different ways than my husband. But really, Shea is my true love. He loves me for me, tells me I’m beautiful every day and believes in me. We’ve been together for more than twelve years.
- Definitely a mixture of both.
- I definitely have to say Aaryn, because he has a lot of the same qualities of my real-life true love Shea.
RT + FOLLOW me and @MelissaGorzela for a signed photo and bookmark of ARROWS.— Vee x Kylo Ren (@jayvwrites27) February 6, 2016
INTL---Ends Feb. 19 (2/19) pic.twitter.com/ket7zHMAjj
Author: Melissa Gorzelanczyk
Publication: January 26th 2016, Delacorte Press
Buy it on: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iBooks | The Book Depository | Kobo | National Bookstore / Fully Booked (PH)
People don’t understand love. If they did, they’d get why dance prodigy Karma Clark just can’t say goodbye to her boyfriend, Danny. No matter what he says or does or how he hurts her, she can’t stay angry with him . . . and can’t stop loving him. But there’s a reason why Karma is helpless to break things off: she’s been shot with a love arrow.Aaryn, son of Cupid, was supposed to shoot both Karma and Danny but found out too late that the other arrow in his pack was useless. And with that, Karma’s life changed forever. One pregnancy confirmed. One ballet scholarship lost. And dream after dream tossed to the wind.A clueless Karma doesn’t know that her toxic relationship is Aaryn’s fault . . . but he’s going to get a chance to make things right. He’s here to convince Danny to man up and be there for Karma. But what if this god from Mount Olympus finds himself falling in love with a beautiful dancer from Wisconsin who can never love him in return?This fast-paced debut novel explores the internal & external conflicts of a girl who finds herself inexplicably drawn to a boy who seemingly doesn't reciprocate her feelings, touching on the issues of love, sex and responsibility, with a heroine struggling to control her destiny--perfect for fans of Katie McGarry's novels and MTV’s 16 and Pregnant.
Thanks so much to Melissa for being such a sport and for having such gorgeous answers! Do grab a copy of her book if you get the chance!!! Keep tuned in! Next week, we'll have Elise Kova! Thanks so much for reading!