Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Top Ten Valentine's Day Book Recs


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.

Hi there!!! Wow. It's been a "YEAR" since my last Top Ten Tuesday post. Yup. It seems like I've neglected my blog and life all at the same time. Jayvee, you never fail to amaze yourself. HAHAHA! 

Anyway, I really like this feature and said to myself, well, it doesn't hurt to do it from time to time. And I really like the upcoming topics so here we go! This week's topic is a Valentine's Day freebie! And since my blog is reeking with so much smitten, lovey-dovey stuff recently, I would love to suggest my Top Ten Valentine's Day Book Recommendations for you guys! YEAH!!!!


1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

THIS SERIES IS *crashes into pillows and screams* It's just so good!!! I'm not a huge fan of The Mortal Instruments series since I found some of the characters very whiny and problematic *looks at Clary and Jace* but Cassandra Clare delivered with this prequel trilogy with Clockwork Angel, Prince and Princess! The pace was good, the characters were just sublime!!! AND JEM IS MINE SERIOUSLY LIKE I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE, the setting was just perfect and the romance is just THE BOMB! I don't LOVE Tessa but I do LIKE her and that says a lot. And of course, the guys are swoony af. Definitely a perfect Valentine's day or month read! I should really do a trilogy review of this.

2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Now, now, I know this shouldn't be a quintessential "VALENTINE'S DAY" recommendation since it's just so sad. Like really sad and depressing and you might fall into a book coma. But the romance in this book is subtle, well written and it will open your eyes to the value of trusting each other and being there for one another through the toughest of times. It's a beautiful, sad book. 

3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I don't usually go for new adult books (though maybe I should) coz I just don't like reading them. More like, I enjoy watching them. I'm sorry for being such a perv. But A Court of Thorns and Roses is one of those new adult novels that I felt had just the right tone to it and sexual tension going around that it wasn't overwhelming at all. The romance between Tamlin and Feyre building up was just really good and I enjoyed reading through it a lot. Plus, how can you not swoon over hot guy faeries? You are numb if you don't.

4. Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

I just really, really love this books soooo, soooo much! The characters are what made the book sooooo sooo good and Simon and Blue's relationship. Heavens, swallow me whole. It was sweet, endearing and just mushy and it made me feel good inside. Of course, the book is not just happy sunshine and rainbows because it tackles gay issues and coming out and bullying but I still suggest this as a fluffy diverse read this Valentine's! It's perfect!

5.  Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

Oh. My. Goodness. This book is everything. It's short but sweet and it tells the story of two young kids whose lives get tangled with one another. Juli Baker ends up liking Bryce Loski but Bryce has no interest in her and ends up hurting Juli in the process, thus Juli ends up losing interest and by that time, Bryce's feeling get flipped and I'm just. It's such a sweet, cute yet poignant romantic story about kids experiencing puppy love and appreciating each other for even the smallest of things. And I'm pretty sure you'll be able to finish this book in one day, say Valentine's Day?


6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

This is probably my most favorite Rainbow Rowell book of all time and I've read them all, well except Carry On which I think will be the one to beat this but Attachments just takes that spot on top. It's a simple story of Lincoln, a man with a very basic, simple job at a company sorting emails and flagging anyone who uses it for personal communication and he ends up stumbling on Jennifer and Beth's conversations and falls in love with Beth and he hasn't even met her. It's a very simple story, laced with some frustrating moments with Lincoln's personal life but it's just a sweet, sweet read and I loved it to bits.

7. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

I adored this book. I've always wondered why so few liked this. Well, it was quite a difficult ride and maybe Min's voice isn't really for everyone but I liked it and I think you should definitely try it out if you haven't read it. It's quirky and in your face and probably not the most appropriate book for the season but packs that needed punch.

8. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

This book is just the sweetest little parcel of romance goodness! I absolutely loved this book. It's characters are not difficult to deal with. They aren't cheesy and they just bring you that perfect mixture of romance and drama and it was written beautifully. Though I much prefer Oliver in The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight over Graham, the characters in this book in general and the storytelling was more of a favorite and definitely recommend it as a read.

9. The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan

My #1 pick over the David Levithan pick of the bunch is this book, The Realm of Possibility. It's a short compilation of stories, put into kind of poetic prose if you will, mashed up together to tell stories on romance, heartbreak, frustrations in life, budding relationships, life realities and more. It's such a good book. It's definitely one of my favorite books in this sad, lonely planet.

10. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

I have read this book before I even started blogging and it's a definite favorite from Morgan Matson. It's the story of a young girl named Taylor Edwards as they receive news about their father's situation and decide to spend sometime in their old summer home as a family. There she remembers all the memories from her old summers, her old best friend and her old boyfriend, Henry, who happens to be really hot, I kid you not. But more than the romance, this book talks about the importance of family and friends and would definitely recommend this as a read this month.


So there you go!!! I'm really hoping I'll be able to do the tag next week! Be sure to visit the blog again by then! Anyway, if you have any suggestions or comments, leave them on the comments section below and we'll talk about it. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...