Monday, February 1, 2016

Photo Journal: New Year, Reading and Being a Hermit (January)

Hi there! Another month has passed and I'm still alive! Hooray! While this year has proven to suck since a lot of my favorite artists keep dying... I really don't know where I'm going with this but January sucked a lot for my feels. But it's still the New Year and other than the deaths, my January, was quite "eventful" or maybe not.



A photo posted by Jayvee De Castro πŸ¦„πŸŒΈ (@jayvwrites27) on

This was the only decent shot out of the 100 I took. (I'm sure it was 100). But it looks so pretty and I'm quite proud of it.



A photo posted by Jayvee De Castro πŸ¦„πŸŒΈ (@jayvwrites27) on

My family and I went to Manila to celebrate the rest of New Years there. We had a stop over at a restaurant and the lighting was great. I'm sorry for my vanity. Also, the caption is from Troye Sivan's Heaven ft. Betty Who. It's such a sad but truthful song. You should listen to it.




My friend Alia and I met up at Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street and it's been a while since I've been there. We had a trip around the book store and went to another one. We just basically book store hopped. Anyway, we got tired and stopped over the Starbucks in Fully Booked and as a commemoration of my dear friend Jennifer Niven's book, All The Bright Places' 1st anniversary, Alia and I asked to name our cups with the main characters, Violet and Finch. I also read some quotes from the book that I had saved on my phone and I made myself teary-eyed for sure.



A photo posted by Jayvee De Castro πŸ¦„πŸŒΈ (@jayvwrites27) on

While there, I decided to do some light reading. Read through Ready Player One and it's an 80's nerd's dream come true and a pop culture enthusiasts bible. It's filled with so much, as my friend Dianne of Oops I Read A Book Again would say, "GEEK MAGIC", it's truly a special book.




And since the day wouldn't end properly without a commemorative photo of my journey, I decided to take a photo of my favorite book from 2015. I must say, I truly look adorable.




The MOST eventful time of my life happened the moment I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens Episode VII and dear sweet BB-8 and freaking Adam Driver *cries pool of tears*, I'm glad it was my first movie of the year. I can't stop talking about it on Twitter. Now, if you are a Star Wars fan and love the new episode, then follow me on Twitter, if not that's okay too. GAWD I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!




This book has riled up my feelings when I first read it. I was hoping to read it around December since I've had the e-ARC for forever but so many things happened and this book is depressing, I was just glad I didn't read it too early coz I might have not recovered.





A photo posted by Jayvee De Castro πŸ¦„πŸŒΈ (@jayvwrites27) on

I love getting haircuts. I dunno. I've already programmed in my cluttered brain that I will not grow my hair too long and TA-DAAAAH!!! I love having short hair and this was actually inspired by one of my new fave beauty vloggers on Youtube (can you believe it? I said beauty vloggers!!!), EstΓ©e Lalonde. I absolutely adore her! She is great! Also, it is pretty amazing to have freshly cut hair at the start, well late of the year. So HOORAY to haircuts!


I hope you had a fantastic January!!! I had quite a rollercoaster of a month but I'm quite happy to have spent it with some good people and fairly good books! How was your January personally? Leave comments below so we can talk about it. I'd love to hear how it went for you!!! :) Oh yeah, HI FEBRUARY!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...